@16 hours ago with 12622 notes
When I was in a psychiatric ward there was a girl two beds away from me that used to do this. She’d do it for hours, just sitting there and rocking.
One day, I asked her why she did it.
“Because it takes me away”
“Away from what?”
(Source: unnatural-encounter, via starwarsprincess)
- lypophrenia: a feeling of sadness seemingly without a cause
- drapetomania: an overwhelming urge to run away
- escapism: a mental desire to retreat from unpleasant realities through fantasy
- wanderlust: a desire to travel, to understand one’s very existence
- dysania: the state of finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning
- sanctuary: a small safe place in a troubling world
- metathesiophobia: fear of change
(Source: ohbabyitsnatalie, via southboundswift)
@16 hours ago with 166799 notes